Core Facilities Support
A portion of the Facilities and Administration funds from OSU-Stillwater, OSU-Tulsa, the Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station and the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences is being used to support a program from the Office of the Vice President for Research. This program will support the development and continuation of university Core Facilities for the benefit of research, scholarship and creative activities.
Proposals may be developed by faculty or administration, but must be approved by the Associate Deans for Research in all participating colleges. The proposal is to be submitted by the Associate Dean for Research from the lead college. Proposals may describe new programs up to three years in length and either address needs for existing resource cores or needs for new programs. Multi-year programs will only be funded for the current year. Additional years will require an additional application submission in the out years.
Project Description (3 page maximum) containing
- Project Title and name of Program (Core Facilities Support Program)
Purpose and problem to be addressed including:
- Participants and location of the proposed program
- Expertise of the groups addressing the problem/program
Justification to include:
- How the proposed resource will benefit sponsored research programs based on strategic goals of the unit and university as a whole
- Assessment of the user community
- Plan to assess effectiveness of the resource capabilities, user satisfaction, and justification for continuation
- A realistic business model for the sustainable support of the resource; this business model should include details sufficient to generate audited user rate fees.
- Signature Page with approvals from Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators, and College(s) Associate Dean for Research
- One Page Summary CV for PI and each Co-I
Detailed Project Budget (1 page maximum) containing
- Income/sustainability plan (mandatory)
- Personnel may be included if justified and with specific plan to transition the position to alternative sources of funding when this project ends
- Other eligible expenses include equipment, consumables, travel, contractual services, etc. Renovations are NOT eligible under this program.
Proposals are due 27 October 2016 no later than 5:00 pm. All proposals must be submitted electronically to Jason Pogue by an Associate Dean for Research. The proposals will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the college Associate Deans for Research. The committee will make funding recommendations to the Vice President for Research. Applicants will be notified of the final decision by the Vice President for Research in early December 2016 and will be cost-reimbursable up to the amount awarded. Any funds remaining on 31 December 2017 will revert back to this program.
The minimum project size will be $20,000; the maximum project size will be $350,000, subject to available funding. Proposals with potential to impact the broadest user-base, promote interdisciplinary activities across departments or colleges will receive the greatest consideration. Effort will be made to fund more than one project.
A final report will be required for all projects and will be due on 31 December 2017. Format for these reports will be provided at the time the successful teams are notified of their awards however, factors listed above such as benefit of this resource to OSU; Assessment of user community, and all aspects of the business model will be part of the annual reports.