Renovation/Development of Critical Research Facilities
A portion of the Facilities and Administration funds from OSU-Stillwater, the Oklahoma Agricultural Experimental Station and the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences is being used to support a program from the Office of the Vice President for Research. This program will support the development and/or renovation of research facilities for the benefit of research and scholarship at OSU. Proposals may be developed by faculty or administration, but must be approved AND submitted by the Associate Dean for Research of the College(s) in which the proposal arises.
1 – 3 page Project Description Including:
- Title of project along with name of program (Renovation/Development of Critical Research Facilities
- Location of the proposed project
- Statement of authorization from individual responsible for assignment of space (e.g., Department Head, or College Dean)
Justification of the project, to include:
- Current use of space
- What research will be conducted in the proposed space
- Who will use the proposed space (Faculty, number of students and staff, etc.)
- Listing of externally funded projects of the individual(s) to use the space (current and pending)
- If part of a start-up package of a new hire, description of time-commitment to research and potential for extramural funding
- How the proposed project fits with the strategic goals of the unit(s) and how sponsored research will benefit at OSU
- 1 page Project Layout that includes a line drawing of current and proposed space layout, with detail sufficient to evaluate use
1 page Budget
- Generated by Long Range Planning and/or Facilities Management (as appropriate for the project) and to include the signature of the Director or his/her designee of Long-Range Planning and/or Facilities Management
- Budgets may include fixed equipment (e.g. fume hoods) but no consideration will be given to removable equipment
- Signature Page with approvals from Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators, and College(s) Associate Dean for Research
- One Page Summary CV for PI and each Co-I
Proposals are due 27 October 2016 no later than 5:00 pm. All proposals must be submitted electronically to Jason Pogue by an Associate Dean for Research. The proposals will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the college Associate Deans for Research. The committee will make funding recommendations to the Vice President for Research. Applicants will be notified of the final decision by the Vice President for Research in early December 2016 and will be cost-reimbursable up to the amount awarded. The PI will need to provide receipts/invoices to Jason Pogue. Any funds remaining on 31 December 2017 will revert back to this program.
The minimum project size will be $20,000; the maximum project size will be $350,000, subject to available funding. Proposals with potential to impact the broadest user-base, promote interdisciplinary activities across departments or colleges will receive the greatest consideration. Effort will be made to fund more than one project.
A final report will be required for all projects and will be due on 31 December 2017. Annual reports will also be required for three additional years and will be required by 31 December of subsequent years. Format for these reports will be provided at the time the successful teams are notified of their awards.