Intra-institutional Transfers of Select Agents
These procedures are designed to ensure that all information required by 42 CFR Part
73.10 and the Institutional Biosafety Plan regarding select agent or toxin transfers,
select agent or toxin identification via clinical samples, and the theft, loss, or
release of select agents or toxins is properly collected and documented. Appropriate
forms must be filled out for each of the instances referenced. Oklahoma State University’s
Office of University Research Compliance (URC), on behalf of the Responsible Official,
will provide assistance and guidance regarding these procedures. In addition, URC
personnel will coordinate communication with federal agencies. If you have questions
or concerns regarding any of these procedures, please contact the Biological Safety
Officer at 405.744.3203.
When an OSU investigator wants to transfer a select agent or toxin from his/her laboratory
or inventory to another OSU investigator, the following procedure must be followed:
- Oklahoma State University’s Intra-Institutional Transfer of Select Agent Materials form must be completely filled out and signed by all parties, prior to the transfer. Information
required per federal regulations, including which select agent is being transferred,
rooms from which it is to be transferred, as well as the location where it is being
transferred must be provided. You must provide specific room numbers, including the
location where the agent(s) will be stored, and must state the room number (address)
in which it will be stored.
- Requestor Completes Block 1 of form and transmits form to transferring lab.
- Transferor Completes Block 2 of form and transmits form to the Office of URC.
- RO or ARO assigns a tracking number and indicates approval to transfer with a signature
in Block 3 of the form. The RO/ARO returns form to the transferor to initiate agent
- Requestor Completes Block 4 of the form when the transfer is complete and returns
the form to the Office of University Research Compliance (223 Scott Hall).
- After the transfer is complete, inventories of all parties involved must be immediately
updated to document all details of the transfer.