- Division Offices
- Animal Resources
- High Performance Computing Center (HPCC)
- Microscopy Laboratory
- National Energy Solutions Institute
- Oklahoma EPSCoR
- Research Communications
- Research Compliance
- Research Services
- Strategic Proposal Development
- Affiliated Offices
- Research Portfolio
- Cox Graduate Fellowships for Genetics Research
- Niblack Research Scholars
- Regents Distinguished Research Award (RDRA)
- Research On Tap
- Research Video Competition
- Research Week
- Science Café
- Strategic Committee on Research Excellence (SCORE)
- VPR Panel Series
- Intramural Funding Programs
- Swinging for the Fences
- Policies & Forms
Otto S. Cox Graduate Fellowships for Genetics Research
The Otto S. Cox Graduate Fellowships for Genetics Research are available to support outstanding OSU graduate students with a proven record of research in genetics from any disciplinary or interdisciplinary program.
There is a limited number of competitive $1,000 Fellowships, and applicants must meet the following requirements:
- must have been enrolled at OSU full-time in fall 2017 and spring 2018 semester; and
- must be continuing as a degree-seeking graduate student in the fall 2018 semester.
Applicants may be self-nominated, and there is no limit by graduate program.
- cover page (name, CWID, program of study, and faculty research advisor’s name);
- 300 word statement by the graduate student highlighting his/her contributions to genetics research and how the award will support the research (double spaced, 1 in. margins, 12 pt. font);
- 100 word genetics research impact statement written for the public;
- resume or CV;
- most recent OSU transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable);
- letter of recommendation from primary research advisor (limit one page);
- endorsement, via signature only, by the department/unit head or graduate program director (this can be included on the cover page); and
- must provide a research-related photo of her/himself of suitable resolution for publication (photo release is required and included here) the photo must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. It will not be considered in the selection process but is for announcement purposes only.
- Questions should be directed to Amy Dronberger (firstname.lastname@example.org; 405-744-6370).
- Previous Cox Fellowship Awardees are ineligible.
- It is anticipated that there will be funding available for several Fellowships, but awards will be determined by merit.
- Awards will be processed for fall semester.
- Fellowships are expected to be announced in April.