- For Inventors
- Our Process
- Agreements and Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Software and Open Source Licensing
- TDC Programs
- OSU NSF I-Corps Site Program
- IP Basics
- Ownership of Intellectual Property
- Grant Applications as Prior Art
- Other Resources
- Technologies for Licensing
- University Startups
- About TDC
- Publications and Reports
This Privacy Statement is part of the End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”) governing the use of certain software (the “Software”) which may operate on any type of computing device and applies to Your use of the Software and the http://tdc.okstate.edu/mobile-applications website (the “Website”). You must be of legal age (over eighteen years of age in the United States) to use the Software. Oklahoma State University (the “University”) recognizes that privacy is important and our goal is to protect Your private information.
1. Information the University Collects and How We Use It.
a. The Software may require You to enter Your name and other personally identifiable information. University and its affiliates will not share Your personally identifiable information with anyone else except to law enforcement authorities and companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and conducting research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
b. You will be required to submit an email address so that You can use all of the features of the Software. The University considers Your email address to be part of Your private information and will protect it accordingly.
d. Should You email the University with questions, complaints or comments, the University may retain such email communications. The University will protect such email communications as Your private information and will not disclose any contents of the email communications unless as described in this Privacy Statement or upon Your written permission.
e. We may present advertising links or links to Third Party Websites in the Software. This Privacy Statement only applies to the Software and the University’s Website. It does not govern the use of any Third Party Website. If You believe You have an issue or complaint with an operator of a Third Party Website then You should contact such operator directly.
f. When You access the Website, the Website might record information sent by Your browser, including IP addresses of the computer You use, the kind of browser You use, and cookie information. The University may use this information to improve users’ experience with the Website or to identify persons who may violate this Privacy Statement or the Agreement.
g. The University uses information submitted to the University through the Software or to the Website only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or in this Agreement. These purposes include: performing functions of the Software; to improve the University’s advertising efforts; research and analysis to improve the Software and Website and the services offered through the Software and Website; ensuring the proper functioning of the Software and the Website; developing new services or content for the Software and Website; and protecting Your rights, the rights of other users of the Software and Website, and the rights of the University.
h. The University may collect information (“data”) related to Your use of the Software. The University may use Your data to improve Your experience with the Software or the Website, including to deliver advertisements to Your mobile communications device from third parties when You use the Software, for its internal purposes, or for developing new products and services.
i. The University may disclose Your private information, Your data or Your personally identifiable information to law enforcement authorities pursuant to a court order or other legal process or if University has knowledge or a reasonable belief that a violation of applicable law has occurred through use of the Software or the Website.
2. Information Sharing.
a. Unless the University has Your express consent or as stated in this Privacy Statement, the University does not share any of Your private information or personally identifiable information with any third parties.
b. Should You come into possession of the private information, data or personally identifiable information of other users of the Software or Website, You are expressly forbidden to share such information with third parties unless You have express written consent from the user whose information is to be shared. Any sharing of such other users’ information without their consent is an express violation of this Privacy Statement and this Agreement.
3. Information Security. Although the University takes appropriate security measures to protect Your private information stored by the Software, Your data or other private information submitted through the Website, our security efforts may be dependent upon the security procedures of certain third parties with whom the University contracts for the provision of certain services. The University cannot warrant or ensure that the security measures of such third party providers will protect such information.
4. Enforcement. If You violate any of the terms of this Privacy Statement, the University may prevent You from using the Software or the Website. If You believe that a person has violated this Privacy Statement then contact the University using the email addresses on the Website. If the University believes that You or another person may have used the Software or Website to obtain the personally identifiable information of another user of the Software or Website or for illegal or unlawful purposes, then the University reserves the right to submit any and all information related to the alleged incident to law enforcement entities.
5. Changes to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. The most current version of the Privacy Statement will always appear on the Website and the most recent version shall supersede any and all other versions of this Privacy Statement. University reserves the right to change or modify this Privacy Statement at any time and at its sole discretion by posting revisions on the Website. Continued use of the Software following the posting of these changes or modifications will constitute acceptance of such changes or modifications.
Copyright © 2014, Oklahoma State University. All rights reserved